The media coordinator will write, edit, produce and publish media communications to enhance the awareness of the overall organization using a variety of platforms including social media, videos, blogs and newsletters.
Must be at least 18 years of age:
· Current CPR/AED Certificate
· US Sailing Level I (recommended)
· Current Standard First Aid
· NYS Safe Boating Card
· USSA Safe Sport Certificate
Must have at least one summer experience teaching in a summer camp program.
Must have no felonious convictions, and no charges for child abuse, or endangering the well-being of a minor.
Reports to: Program Director
Classification: Seasonal, full-time position
Dates of Employment: 6/22 - 8/14/2021
Offers of employment are contingent on passing a criminal background check. Job descriptions are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees in the position and are not intended to reflect all duties performed with the job.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Assist the Director of the Program to enhance our public image
2. Assist in managing all social media platforms and update them regularly to include; Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Tic Tok, Blogs etc.
3. Produce engaging videos that reflect the “story” of SBJSA
4. Produce educational videos that incorporate staff and kids
5. Work with Board Director of Marketing and Communications to promote the program through videos and other outlets
6. Be proficient in iMovie, MS word, and photo editing
7. Document the SBJSA experience through photography & videography
8. Contribute ideas and project enthusiasm and energy
9. Attend all staff meetings, clinics, and workdays as outlined by the Program Director.
10. Be willing to perform other duties assigned by the Director of the Program
NOTE: The SBJSA Employee Expectations document and the SBJSA Youth Protection Policy document must be read and accepted by checking the box at the end of this application form. Click on button to view, read and acknowledge.